Suggest treatment for symptoms of scoliosis
I have a slight curvature in my spine which causes me a great deal of misery. Is there any kind of back brace that can help to get those vertebrae in alignment?
Or is surgery the only way to get it straight?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Judging from that x-ray and your description it does look like a case of scoliosis, a sideways curvature of the spine. Bracing may be used for this condition but that is the case only when the bone growth of the patient is continuing, in children and adolescents. If your age is indeed 55 as you say then I am afraid your bone growth has long finished and that no brace or other device can revert the process, braces may be used in the adults only at times with the aim of alleviating pain.
Even surgery which you seem to see as your other alternative is usually recommended for much more severe cases then yours, usually with a curvature degree of over 45 degrees which is far from your case. I doubt you will find a surgeon to intervene on your spine and even if you do there is no guarantee that it will be perfectly straight.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of pediatric scoliosis
- Symptoms of congenital scoliosis
- Suggest treatment for protruding belly due to scoliosis
- Scoliosis and trapped nerves symptoms
- Are uneven waist symptoms of scoliosis?
- Exercises for lumbar scoliosis symptoms
- Symptoms of scoliosis
- Symptoms of scoliosis/kyphosis
- Is impotence any symptom of scoliosis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...