Suggest treatment for symptoms of scleritis
Most likely scleritis.
Thanks for asking query on HealthcareMagic,
From the description your daughter most likely is having Scleritis. Scleritis is a serious inflammatory disease that affects the white outer coating of the eye, known as the sclera. Swelling around the eyes is a common symptom of allergy, infection, inflammation, or even physical irritation can be there.
I would like to see a photo or a small video of your eye.It would give a much clear idea about the nature of problem.
On diagnosis treatment can be started for scleritis.
I can take a picture in the am when she gets up.
Follow up query
Hi as per your description most likely its allergic.
Anti histaminic should be given to the kid for 2-3 days to observe any changes. However a better suggestion can be given after seeing the picture of the inflamed area.
Tab fexofenadine120mg(Allegra) can be given to her once daily for 3 days.Its an anti allergic and is very safe.
Once I see the picture I can advice whether a anti inflammatory analgesic is required or not.
The severe pain she had originally, she said it was in the very corner of her eye area and then resonated across her eyelid. That started 3 days ago, has been intermittent with severity, and it just swelled last night...hmmm...strange.
Follow up advice
I've seen the picture,
Most likely its a hidden trauma or allergy or bite by an insect.
Anti inflammatory medicines like Diclofenac in combination of Seratiopeptidase should be given for few days along with antihistaminic like Fexofenadine.
Low doses of potent steroids like Methyl Prednisolone can also be given as they are very potent anti inflammatory drugs (all are prescription drugs, so please obtain it from your local physician).
A swab from eye should be taken for routine and microscopy to see if bacterial infection is involved or not.
Please discuss these options with your ophthalmologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for scleritis
- Symptoms of diffuse scleritis
- Symptoms of corneal scleritis
- Suggest medication for scleritis
- Treatment and cure for diffuse scleritis
- Symptoms of posterior scleritis
- Symptoms of scleritis
- Scleritis and hormones
- Treatment and cure for corneal scleritis
- Treatment and cure for posterior scleritis
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?