Suggest treatment for symptoms of prostate infection

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been dealing with prostate issues and have been on meds for almost 30 days which they say takes that long to start working but I haven't noticed much of a change so ive been reading and I seen where I could possibly have a tract infection but they did all the test and said I was fine but I started using a different shower gel that has a lot of fragrance I was a plain ivory man for years im not sexually active but with one partner we are commited no problems there no pain or hurting when I go just the frequent trips wont let up
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would need some info.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

To help you better I would need some more info.

1) What are your symptoms?
2) Did you get ultrasound CT scan or any test done which told you have prostat issues? what was the report?
3) What medication are you taking?
4) Is there any abdomines and back pain?
5) Is there any problem making urine stream?
6) Any fever?
7) Burning micturation?

Waiting for youe input.
Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 36 minutes later
yes taking prostate meds none of the other symptoms worried that I might have something that I read about that you could have without symptoms that can give std

The name of the medicine I'm on is finasteride and tamsulosin
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
not much evidence if std or uti

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back i understand your concern about STD/UTI... IN your case STD doesn't seem to be the case as you have one comitted partner no multiple contacts. There is no rash no bruning micturation ir anything and obviously your doctor didn't find anything which could show any infection so there shouldn't be any problem.

Finesteride usually takes much longer than a month to work but tamuslosin usually works in few days if it doesn't then we alter the dose if you still have urinary frequency you might need to get doses altered by seeing your foctor again.

As far as your concern about UTI goes I believe there isn't much to worry about there is not much of evidence.

Regards.

Dr.Ahmad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 14 hours later
Yes I think I will try and get my dosage up just doesn't seem to be working for me also on finermine may need to stop the usage of that as well. Just tired of the extra trips of weak streams
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Change of dose and then surgery is the option

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back,

Yes dosage can me pushed up a bit and if it that doesn't work then minimally invasive procedures like TURP can be done with due consideratioj of complications and pre requisites.

I would advise you to visit your urologist soon.

Regards.

Dr.Ahmad