Suggest treatment for symptoms of postural hypotension
Occasionally I feel as though I am straining, as though I have lifted something heavy even though I haven't. It can be accompanied by a slight lightheaded feeling like when standing too fast but lasts up to several minutes. I'm over 50 and seem to have a hard time maintaining enough liquids in my diet. Any clues?
I think what you have is postural hypotension
Hi, welcome to Health care magic,
I think what you have is postural hypotension (fall in blood pressure due to sudden change in posture)
It can be due to medication--are you on any drugs especially for blood pressure?
By straining do you mean there is pressure on chest?
Does the pulse become fast during these episodes?
I would advise --check your blood pressure while lying down, sitting and standing.
And do an ECG.
If you are not on medication, and BP and ECG are normal, posture stabilising exercises with or without machines are available at any good ENT clinic--where they will bring you back to normal.
Please revert back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Postural hypotension in the elderly
- Postural hypotension emedicine
- Management postural hypotension
- Causes postural hypotension
- Treatment and cure for Postural hypotension
- Postural hypotension feeling tired
- Drugs cause postural hypotension
- Benign postural hypotension
- Treating postural hypotension
- Symptoms of postural hypotension
- Raced heart beat. Taken epidural injection, percoset and motrin. Have...
- Constipation, clear gooey discharge from vagina, discomfort in the...
- Small mole on the arm, blue bruise surrounding it, developed suddenly....
- Body pain, flu, headaches, urine incontinence, vomiting. History of...
- Sore throat, pain in the chest and arm, stiff neck. Causes?
- Medication for diarrhea
- Dry vagina, loss of sex drive, negative for menopause, anxious during...
- Feeling semi-conscious, vision problems, loss of balance. Stroke symptoms?
- Having MS, lumps on skin surface, lower back, recurring and spreading....
- Sore tongue, sore throat, tongue pain. Doctor says it is gastroparesis....