Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dear sir.This is XXXX i am suffering from following problems from past more than 1 and half years .

1.Burning sensations in both legs and feet below knees at starting .slowly starts feeling in my both palms .
2. Now from 6 months now i am feeling same burning sensations,numbness ,prick-rings above my legs and knees
3. From one years i am suffering from recurrent mouth ulcers and lips numbness and tingling.
4. I have noticed non itchy red bumps on my chest area..Starting it was one or two ..but now its increases in number ..totally around 10 to 12.

I am feeling tired and bit sleepy .Actually i had unprotected sex 8 years back for one minutes by mistake .
i have done testing of HIV 1 & HIV 2 last year by CMIA method two times and it came non reactive .33 and .15
also i have done rapid HIV 1 HIV2 Test last month and its came negative .
From what i am suffering ?
i have consulted lots of doctors but i did not get any solutions ..
Day by day i am feeling more health problem.
AM I SUFFERING FROM STD OR SIT ???
Kindly guide and help me ..What i have to do next?

I have done following tests :
NCV Test : Normal result
TMT Test : Normal
CBC Test : Normal
Sugar Test: Normal

Please advice me doctor ji..i am in full tension
Presently i am suffering from recurrent mouth ulcer ,burning sensations ,tingling,numbness in my both palms and legs and feet
and numbness and tingling in lips and non itchy red bumps on my chest.Please please help me sir

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C to be taken

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

The Following Two Symptoms Point out to Peripheral Neuropathy
1.Burning sensations in both legs and feet below knees at starting. slowly starts feeling in both palms .
2. Now from 6 months now feeling same burning sensations, numbness, prick-rings above legs and knees

The Following Two Symptoms Point out to Vitamin Deficiency
3. From one years suffering from recurrent mouth ulcers and lips numbness and tingling.
4. non itchy red bumps on chest area..Starting it was one or two ..but now its increases in number ..totally around 10 to 12.

Vitamin Deficiencies can Cause Peripheral Neuropathy.

So, Based on what you have narrated, my first diagnosis would be Vitamin Deficiencies.

I would like you to
1. Estimate Vitamin D Levels and take supplements as per the results.
2. Take Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C right Away

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 26 minutes later
Dear sir;

Thanks for yours reply.

But i did not get yours opinion about STD( Sexually transmitted Disease ) and STI.
because i had some unprotected sex and activities in past around 8 years back.

I am in a big tension now days by thinking about STD & STI.

Have you seen my attached report ? ACE is in higher side and URIC ACID too why sir

I am feeling tired also and when i was walking through staircase i am feeling tired and legs sweet pain and body ache .But i am only 31 and weight is 68 kg and height is 5 feet and 5 inch .

Really i should not think about STD ,STI and HIV? should i start taking medicine as per yours advice ?

From past two years i am suffering like anything before i was totally fit .I have tested everything Even NCV and ANA PROFILE .

Sir its my humble request to you to give answer on all my queries
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
If you want to be 100 percent sure, you can opt for Western Blot Test too

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir

You have done testing of HIV 1 & HIV 2 last year by CMIA method two times and it came non reactive .33 and .15
You have also have done rapid HIV 1 HIV2 Test last month and its came negative .

So
There is very little Chance that you are suffering from HIV.

A little abnormal ACE and Uric Acid can be physiological. We need not worry about that too much

Once you do Western Blot and Once that is negative, you can be 100 percent sure that you are not having HIV

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery

-oOo-

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 58 minutes later
Dear sir;

Thanks a lot for yours reply ,Now my questions is what about STD and STI
As per yours guidance i will do the western Blot test for HIV .
But what is the chances for STD and STI as i have non itchy bumps on my chest and and recurrence of mouth ulcer specially on lips and also i have numbness of lips . Kindly answer this question sir about STD.

Have i to start Vitamin C and B-complex Tablets from tomorrow?

Kindly give suggestions about STD and STI

Thanks & Regards
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
1. Do the Western Blot test, Consult a Venereologist for Other tests and be 100 percent sure.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir

Welcome Back

Q1 : But what is the chances for STD and STI as i have non itchy bumps on my chest and and recurrence of mouth ulcer specially on lips and also i have numbness of lips . Kindly answer this question sir about STD.
A1 : There is no point in speculating sir. We need to just do the Western Blot test and be 100 percent sure about HIV. As far as other Diseases are concerned, you need to consult a Venereologist in Person who will suggest tests after clinical examination

Q2 : Have i to start Vitamin C and B-complex Tablets from tomorrow?
A2 : Yes Sir. You have to start from tomorrow

Q3 : Kindly give suggestions about STD and STI
A3 : Only Suggestion is for you to do Western Blot and Once that is negative, you can be 100 percent sure that you are not having HIV. As far as other Diseases are concerned, you need to consult a Venereologist in Person who will suggest tests after clinical examination

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery

-oOo-