Suggest treatment for symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Yes. please.
My bladder has fallen out and I keep pushing it back in. All Dr.'s in my area seem to be on Spring Break. I am not a Dr. For some reason pushing it back in me....traumatizes me. All I can seem to find out is that I need to take a stool softner and sit more. I work retail....sitting is not ideal. I need to know what do I do? Is this not an emergency....thing that Dr.'s feel can wait....??? Can I exercise on my bike? I'm thinking not. I just do not know what to do until I can see a Dr. here in town.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do exercises like Kegels exercises

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking your query on this forum,

A sheet of muscles and ligaments called the pelvic floor supports the uterus, small bowel, colon and bladder. If pelvic floor muscles are weak, your organs may drop and bulge into the vagina. When that happens, you may feel like something is falling out of your vagina or you may have a sensation of fullness or pain.

Treatment of choice-
Repair of Bladder Prolapse (Cystocele) or Urethra Prolapse (Urethrocele).Two common forms of pelvic organ prolapse are bladder prolapse (cystocele) and urethral prolapse (urethrocele). A cystocele occurs when the wall of the bladder presses against and moves the wall of the vagina.

General instruction,
Don't strain too much while passing bowel.
Drink 1 glass like warm water before using washroom.
Take laxatives like Lactulose daily in sos doses.
This is not an emergency but a gynecologist should be consulted at the earliest.

Pelvic floor exercise, also known as Kegel exercise, consists of repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor, now sometimes colloquially referred to as the "Kegel muscles"They will strenthen the muscles of perinium and help in easy recovery,
Yes you can exercise on your bike.
Do everything normally.Just try to do Kegal exercies.
In case you are sexually active plaese avoid sex for few days till you consult your GP.
Test advice
USG abdomen.
Follow up with your Primary doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 15 minutes later
I work retail and I stand for 6 hrs. Can I still work? Or should I be sitting more.
My back and pelvic area does hurt like cramps. Is that also normal?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
hello again dear.
As long as you are confortable you can work,However if possible rest is suggested along with physiotherapy exercise.Try to do your work sitting more if possible.for back and pelvis pain get your
serum calcium and vitamin D levels checked.
pain or problem XXXXXXX where in body is not normal.It signifies that there is some ongiong problem which should be ruled out and treated earlier.