Suggest treatment for symptoms of intestinal worm infestation

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I found worm eggs etc. Won't know what worm it is uuntil I get test results back. Can I still try to get pregnant or wait until I'm treated. I lost 2lbs from this.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get treated for worm infestatio first...

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

Let me recapitalize your case:
- woman 21 years old
- trying to conceive
- worms found in stool
- having loose stool for a couple of weeks
- still waiting for lab results

If I was your caring doctor would advise you to take anti worm treatment first, then try to get pregnant.

You are having symptoms of worm infestation (loose stool, losing weight), which won't let you get pregnant or if so, won't carry a healthy pregnancy.

So try to get clean and then when you'd be better, start thinking about having a baby.

Wish fast recovery and good luck.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Do you know what worm that could be?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pinworms

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

From your description, they seem to be pinworms, which are the most common.

Usually, larvae are the only visible parts. Ova and cyst cannot be seen only under microscope.

The stool examination will identify all types of worms and protozoa or other parasites.

All the best.
Dr.Albana