Suggest treatment for symptoms of heatstroke

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I was briefly out in sun and heat. Got nauseated and threw up. Now I am in air conditioned environment and am sweaty and cold from that. Still nauseated. Do I have heat stroke? What should I do about it? Also just had antibiotic half our before throwing up. I have been on them for 2 days now. Not allergic to anything that I know about. Now just feel burning up yet cold on surface. It is actually my roommate who is 28 and black female. She has bladder infection.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably heat stroke.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is probably the heat stroke that caused your roommate's symptoms.

It is necessary to rest in a cool place, get well hydrated.

If the throwing up will continue and if there are any skin marks such bumps, your roommate needs to be evaluated at your nearest ER for a possible allergic reaction.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee