Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease and achalasia
consult a gastroentrologist as an endoscopy may be required.
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
I understand your anxiousness regarding your health problem.
Your symptoms point towards Gastroesophageal reflux disease and Achalasia.
Kindly consult a gastroenterologist regarding this for specific treatment.
Since you are already taking a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole , probably its doesage should be increased to 40mg in the morning half an hour before having breakfast.
Treatment for Achalasia focuses on relaxing lower esophageal sphincterso that food and liquid matter can move more easily through your digestive tract without any reflux.
Treatment depends on age and seriousness of the problem.
Medical treatment - botulinum toxin injection to relax the sphincter.
Surgical treatment -fundoplication.
GERD treatment includes antaacids, H2 receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors.
Also donot lie down after meals . Walk around or sit for minimum 2 hours after meals. have a bland diet. kepp propped up position.
The biggest problem with such diseases is choking ones own vomitus which can lead to aspiration pneumonia . Hence consult a gastroentrologist and a surgeon regarding your problem.
An endoscopy may be required.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will zantac treat gastroesophageal reflux disease ?
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease in preemies
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease psvt
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease gerd causes
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease arm numbness
- Treatment and cure for Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Suggest treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Diagnosis of Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease causes
- Medications for gastro-esophageal reflux disease