Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis
Symptoms should start improving in 2-3 days; need some further details
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Symptoms of gastroenteritis should start improving in 2-3 days after the start of antibiotic therapy. I have not found any antibiotic medication name in your statement. Have you given them any? Main goal in treatment is to keep children well hydrated. Loose motions and vomiting causes dehydration & in children it causes more pronounced which could be dangerous. So i always advise my patients to give children as much fluids as possible, specially after every loose motion. Bleeding from rectum is not a good sign. It means that some invasive organism has caused gastro.
I would be in a better position to guide you if you answer following questions please:
1. What are the ages of children?
2. How many loose motions are they passing every day?
3. Are they taking adequate fluids & food?
4. Have you observed lethargy, altered conscious state, sunken eyes and/or dry tongue?
5. Does they vomit after taking feed?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Please visit hospital
Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. We give extra care to children who suffer from gastro as compared to adults because they can go into dehydration soon. 12 loose stools / day is a significant amount and requires medical care by i/v antibiotics and fluid replacement. I would suggest you to visit a hospital(as symptoms have not improved after initial symptomatic therapy) where a gastroenterologist or medical specialist is also available so that both of your children could be evaluated and given specific antibiotic treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it. Feel free to contact me directly on HCM by visiting http://goo.gl/fxj9bG
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of viral gastroenteritis
- What are the symptoms of viral gastroenteritis?
- Two common symptoms of gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for bacterial gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for viral gastroenteritis
- Symptoms of gastroenteritis in women
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis
- Fungal gastroenteritis symptoms
- Suggest treatment for insect bites all over body
- Suggest treatment for fever and extreme fatigue
- What causes swollen glands, sensitive eyes and pain in forehead?
- What causes pain in right side of lower abdomen?
- Suggest treatment for low BP
- How to take care of dentures?
- What causes fever?
- What causes pain in head centered in and around left eye?
- What causes back pain, gas, mild fever and burning cough?
- What causes dizziness while eating, fatigue and pain in calf muscles?