• question-icon

Suggest treatment for symptoms of fibromyalgia

Posted on Wed, 18 Jan 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am a 43 year old mail. I have been feeling unhealthy for about a year now, Thanks to Obama care and a recent divorce for the first time in 43 years I do not have health insurance or even the money to go to the doctor. I have been totally healthy for my entire life but my health has been deteriorating pretty severely the last 6 months. I cannot pinpoint my exact pain. I feels like somebody put concrete in my blood . Sometimes I have a dull but pretty pronounced pain in my joints I think . Other times it feels like my tendons ore trying to detach from bones . Extream tightness in my legs ,and feet. It's hard to raise my legs or cross them.the pain seems like it's in my elbows and hands but not near as bad as my legs. I also feel general weakness and am tired. My legs have been cramping for months but particularly on my right side. I just noticed two bulges on the top of my feet that are soft on the center out side of both feet just below my ankle.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fibromyalgia.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

Your symptoms tells that you are having fibromyalgia, for which you have to take following medication-

cap. rabiprazole empty stomach, cap. aceclofenac100mg+thiocolchicoside4mg twice a day, cap. pregabalin75mg+methylcobalamine750mcg at night, Tab. amitriptyline10mgs in morning and night.

Have balanced diet.

Do yoga.

If symptoms still persists afte 10 days then get serum RA factor and serum uric acid levels done and send me the report.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 44 minutes later
THANK YOU!

IS THERE A SPECIFICIC TEST TO CONFIRM OR IS IT JUST A SYMPTOM BASED DIAGNOSIS? IS THERE A CURE OR A LIFETIME CONDITION? I ALSO AM UNDER EXTREAME STRESS DUE TO DIVORCE AND MONEY PROBLEMS . COULD THIS BE A FACTOR AND COULD MY SYSTEMS EASE IF I AM NO LONGER STRESSED?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome my friend.

First, of all I want to tell you that, its symptoms based diagnosis, you need to have investigations only if symptoms still persists after taking medications for more than 10 days.

Secondly, as time passes symptoms decreases, if you follow my advise strictly, you don't have to take medications lifelong.

Do yoga daily.

Do morning walk.

Try to have stress-less life.

Thanks,

Dr. CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon