Suggest treatment for symptoms of dust inhalation

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Is there first aid for inhaled dust?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment depends on symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Yes, treatment of inhaled dust is available.
But it depends on symptoms of patient.
So please let me know
1. What are your symptoms?
2. Do you have cough or wheezing or breathing difficulty?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 12 hours later
Only symptom is tightness in frontal chest. No coughing,running nose.started mildly after house cleaning of dust from cutting cardbord like material 2mounths ago.reoccurred after next cleaning. Almost went away several times. Now has been occurring for 20 minutes at a time. As soon as I lay down, it happens often now.Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of dust allergy is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of dust allergy is more likely.
Chest tightness is due to allergy induced bronchospasm.
This is usually self limiting.
So inhale fresh air. Avoid dust exposure in future. Wear face mask while doing cleaning stuff.
Take combination of antihistamine (levocetrizine or fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) once a day at night.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
Hope I have solved your query. If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana