Suggest treatment for symptoms of dry eye syndrome

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 17 Oct 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My Question is for Ophthalmologist.
I wear glasses, Crizal (anti-glare , UV protections). Today, I covered my laptop screen with another anti-glare and anti-reflection screen accessory.
The problem is my eyes are not feeling very comfortable after it.
Is it due to that two anti-glare filters ( glasses and screen) nullify each other and harmful rays are reaching my eyes as-is. (Brightness is controlled though)
OR
Is it something else.?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible dry eye syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

I can certainly understand your concern.

Your symptoms are not related to the use 2 antiglare screens.They don't cancel each other nor function antagonistically.

The discomfort in your eyes is probably due to dry eye syndrome secondary to the excessive use of computers.

I prescribe eye lubricant drops for such symptoms symptoms to my patients.They will really improve the comfort levels.

Methyl Cellulose drops available as Refresh tears 2 drops in each eye every 4 hours will help to improve your symptoms.

If possible try to reduce the usage on your computer.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these eye drops to you.

Post your further questions if any.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng