Suggest treatment for symptoms of congestive heart failure

Posted on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been told in the past (25 years ago) that i was throwing PVCs and that i should quit caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. That was after a Holter Monitor Test. i did that. i drink approx 4 ciders a week but no caffeine (not even chocolate) no nicotine. i occasionally feel the flutters in my chest during the day but it is worst when i lie down at night. i find i am very tired these days and i am getting leg pains. i get a bit of swelling in my legs and my sock line is evident 3 hours after socks are removed and my feet are up. i eat little salt (just what is included in prepared foods) No chips, no ketchup, no pickles to try to not retain water. i eat a banana a day. For meds i am on Eltroxin 1 mcg, celebrex 200mg and Pariet 20mg. i also take a multivitamin for old ladies.
Should i be making another appointment with my Dr? i am afraid he will be getting tired of me as i have been there in regards to needing knees replaced and lower back pain that i have. i have generalized arthritis and have had both knees repaired arthroscopically at different timesfor broken meniscus and torn ACLs and have much deterioration and sub patellar bone spurs.
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. This could be a problem with your heart, kidneys, or thyroid

Detailed Answer:
Hello. You need to have your doctor check this out.

First off, this could be a sign of congestive heart failure.

Second, it could be a kidney problem.

Third, it may be that you're still hypothryoid and your eltroxin dosage needs an increase.

I would order a full cardiac workup including EKG, chest x-ray, echocardiogram, and stress test, along with blood work to check on the kidney and thyroid function.

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ralph Chambers