Suggest treatment for symptoms of chronic pancreatitis

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: Dr. XXXXXXX Rommstein
Im not doing so well. I have a lot of issues. I believe i may have chronic pancreatitis due 2 my alcohol habbit. Real scared. Need treatment/detox/rehab but cant afford it. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
I understand your concerns and I agree that extensive medical work up is required to rule out some serious diseases. However,first step in every treatment is abstinence from both alcohol and drugs. Without it,there is no doctor who can help. Chronic pancreatitis is caused by alcoholism but you should do some tests to confirm this,at least check your amylase and lipase levels in blood ,it should not be expensive. Again,even if chronic pancreatitis is established,it is treated with dietary chAnges and abstinence. However,in your case,you should check your liver condition and immune system. I don't know in what land you are so I can't recommend rehab clinics but I am sure that you can find a solution. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng