Suggest treatment for symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome

Posted on Sat, 25 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I feel like I have all the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. I've tried antidepressants, exercise, eating healthy, mood stimulators such as adderall, Vitamin D. Nothing seems to help and now on top of always being exhausted, I constantly have body aches. I am a Critical Care nurse which I'm sure doesn't help much by way of adding stress to my life not to mention the fact that it's a very physical job. I was wanting a referral to a doctor that could help me find some answers to these issues and improve my quality of life to be able to live without pain and extreme fatigue. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Other conditions should be considered/excluded.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Chronic fatigue syndrome is a complicated disorder with no unknown cause.

In some cases viral infections are thought to trigger it, and this diagnosis is achieved after exclusion of other conditions that may cause similar symptoms.

These conditions that need to be excluded are mental illnesses such depression, sleep disorders, medical conditions (anemia, diabetes, low thyroid gland etc.)

It is necessary to discuss with your primary care Doctor about your concerns.

He is the one who can order proper tests and consultations in order to achieve a correct diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical