Suggest treatment for symptoms of cervical spondylosis

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 13 Dec 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Morning just i want to know what hav with my nack. ?? I feel discomfort. Stiffness and crackling when turning my neck. I do not feel any pain. In the future what can happen??As far as I know, my family has no arthritis. I dont have any difficulty when inturminb position. And I not feel pain in my back. I not feel Any other joint pains like kness elbows or ankles. The only thing I feel is discomfort in my back and my neck. Rigidity also feels stiffness in the jaw. I did xray for my chest everything normal. I did complete blood test everyrhing is fine. Only Cholesterol is high. Im very worry about that. My doct not gave any madication just He told me to come back in 6 months. Im 40 yearl old woman.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical and Lumbar spondylosis. Cholesterol medication lifestyle changes

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

As per your report and your history, you seem to have Cervical spondylosis.

This is a degenerative change in your spine. Avoid neck bending forward, lifting or carrying weights. Must perform physiotherapy neck extension exercises and Ultrasound or TENS therapy for relief from muscle spasm such is evident in your report of straightening of the spine.

You also seem to have lumbar spondylosis of the low back region which can be treated similar to the above lines.

You need to take Statin and/or Fibrate medication to reduce cholesterol. This needs to be discussed with your Doctor to decide the choice of medication and dosage.

Avoid junk food, oily food, pastries, smoking and drinking alcohol. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking exercise for 45 minutes. Omega 3 fatty acid intake in fortified food is useful to remove bad cholesterol.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 22 hours later
Cervical spondylosis Is arthritis ?? What kind of arthritis. Arthritis in my neck. That's what I want to know. If in the future what may happen
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Degenerative changes in the spine

Detailed Answer:
Spondylosis is degenerative change due to wear and tear and age, in the spinal joints. It's a form of arthritis. It could lead to stiffness and restriction of movement of the neck in the future. Do follow the precautions mentioned earlier to prevent progression of the disease.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj