Suggest treatment for symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in the hands

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I was recently diagnosed with moderate carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. I have also been feeling a weird numb tingling sensation with I touch my lower leg. Is it related to my carpal tunnel?
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.

Carpal tunnel syndrome involves upper limb with compression of median nerve.

However, lower limb symptoms may be present if carpal tunnel syndrome is due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, joint disease.

Treatment should be continued as it may also improve lower limbs symptoms.
Do get yourself examined and evaluated by a neurologist.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee