Suggest treatment for symptoms of bronchitis

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I seem to have bronchitis and coughing to clear out my lungs is leading to constriction and choking to the point I cant breath for a short time.

Thanks Dr Dangwai,

It started 2plus weeks ago, i thought I had a chest cold (but it never went to my sinuses which it usually does) lots of coughing to clear my lungs. i don't smoke or have an acid problem, Asthma or Alergies that I know of.....but I guess those things can change over your life time. im athletic in good health. Ive never had a breathing problem, strong lungs from running. Although the last two nights, in the middle of the night, the coughing starts with the constriction in my throat and I am choaking and cant breath - very scary..... In the morning I have a very deep voice and can still start coughing and get choaked up again bt not as bad. After the morning I start to feel normal again, like right now i feel good.........
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medicines as i have mentioned. You will feel better.

Detailed Answer:

Yes you are right- a person can develop allergy/asthma any time in life even if he has never had it earlier.

The cold that you had may have made your airways hypersensitive which is now causing cough and breathing.

Take the medicines as above and things will improve. If it still persists otherwise, then consult a local pulmonologist for a complete workup.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Shashi Dangwal 21 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar