Suggest treatment for symptoms of bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: both of my hands fall asleep when I drive and also in my sleep the pain wakes me and I move them around to get the pain to ease up this has been going on for about 2 years and it is getting worse and more frequent
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome most likely

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome should be taken in consideration and evaluated further in your case.

Medical examination by a Neurosurgeon and nerve conduction study of both arms are necessary.

If diagnosis is confirmed, surgical decompression of median nerve is necessary.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you futher.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee