Suggest treatment for symptoms of anxiety

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Last night I had a situation that scared me. I had dozed off and awoke to symptoms of nausea, sweating, dizziness, weakness and a feeling I might pass out. It lasted about 20 minutes and then subsided leaving me feel physically drained after.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems like an anxiety attack.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

What you are describing seems like a generalized anxiety attack.
What happens is that the body accumulates stress and relives it in a physical way with these type of symptoms. You might not have had stress particularly in these days, but fr sure in the last 6 months.

My recommendation is to try to address the stress that you have now, and talk with someone or try to control it. Doing activities that you enjoy during your day may help like reading, walking, going out with friends, ect.

If these episode repeats more then 2-3 times/week then I would recommend seeing a local doctor.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj