• question-icon

Suggest treatment for symptoms of anxiety

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I'm 24 years old. I am a software engineer. most of the time in front of computer or XXXXXXX Coming to the question.
I'm having a weird feeling on my head/brain, like something suddenly passing through the brain. Or can say a sudden sting or stabbing feeling inside brain. Sometimes in right side and sometimes in left and in forehead sometimes..and this thing comes and goes in 3 or 4 seconds. After sometime I feel normal.
I don't know why it comes. I having a 6-8 hours of sleep although my sleeping time is between 12 and 8.
First time I had this problem is 2 years back and It is back to normal after a month. Now I had this yesterday.

Please help me to find the exact reason behind the problem

Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
GAD

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

With such a presentation in my clinic, I would first rule out [generalized anxiety disorder]so to confirm it you may be advised a detailed physical examination to rule out underlying medical condition associated with it. If it affects in your day to day daily life then you need medical treatment, if not then no treatment is required. For mild cases your doctor may prescribe you a benzodiazepines like[alprazolam] and it needs a doctor's prescription.

You can do few things to prevent it in future-:

1)keep a track of your personal life which may help your treating doctor to identify the cause of stress.

2)You can reduce anxiety by carefully managing your time and energy.

3)Try to avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine etc if you have these habits and go to sleep in time.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo