Suggest treatment for symptoms of UTI

Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I think I have a UTI. I've been peeing really requently and when I'm almost done peeing it's painful almost like something is blocking it. I'm also noticing a little itch/irritation around my lips. A small odor is noticeable and sex was painful for a couple days. It's been about a week and a half since this started. What should I do
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I have been through your question.

Based on your above mentioned symptoms I think mostly could be an UTI but
I need more information related you sexuall activity because as well some STI could have similar symptoms ( like chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas).

I suggest to meet an Infectious Diseases Specialist for a detailed physical examination, urine test, uroculture, abdominal ultrasound( to see kidney and bladder), full blood count and tests for STI, in order to take a prompt treatment.

I hope my answer helps you.
I wish you a quick recovery. Feel free to ask me further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad