Suggest treatment for symptoms of UTI

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am 67yr old white female with a uriniary problem. I feel the urge to pee but when I stand up it gushes out with no control. This just started today. No fever butt when I finish I get a real painful chill and then I can go on until the next time. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Acute UTI (Especially Cystitis)

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.