• question-icon

Suggest treatment for symptoms of TMJ

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I sent a question about 45 minutes ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Should I get to my family doctor or ER for this. I can't take much more of this pain and the it's continually getting worse. I can't feel my face on the ride side and it stems into the back of my head and the pain in all over my head and neck and face and jaw and into the ear. Plus the sound in my ear is getting louder and it's a constant sound. It doesn't stop.
Do I need certain meds for this? because the pain meds I'm using are not helping in the least.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See your family doctor ASAP

Detailed Answer:
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to your question.

The pain that you are experiencing on the right side of your face adn jaw sounds like you have a problem with your TMJ. This can be taken care of through your family doctor. It may need short term pain medication, a muscle relaxant and an anti-inflammatory. I would call your primary care and get in as soos as possible. If you can't be seen today then I would recommend an urgent care center if there is one in your area. An emergency room would not be the proper place to treat this since this is not life threatening.

I hope I answered your question.
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 minutes later
Ok thank you. I called them just now and I got an appointment for 3:15.
Thank you very much.
sorry for all the questions, but the pain is really bad and I just want to remove my head from my body.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Great to hear

Detailed Answer:
I hope you get some relief today
Dr. Ronald Schubert