Suggest treatment for symptoms of Raynaud's syndrome

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a toe that has turned purple my feet are very cold my leg is starting to hurt my blood pressure is fine my heart rate is fine I'm not sure what's going on if I should be concerned it hurts worse when I walk around they still hurts when I even sit there is no swelling just one of my toes are purple and my feet are freezing cold
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be Raynauds disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out.

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..
Please note..

1. Yes.. I understand this..
It may be some kind of Arterial disease.
Most commonly in women, Raynauds phenomenon.

2. But, this again usually affects the upper limbs rather than the lower limbs..

3. Hence I suggest these..
A. Stop Alcohol intake if you are taking
B. Avoid exposure to cold as much as you can
C. Get an Arterial Doppler scan of Left lower limb..

4. After this we can plan for the management.

Hope this helps you
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T