Suggest treatment for symptoms of IBS

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 5 Jan 2017 in Homeopathy
Question: Digestion problem and irritating bowels
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
probably is Irtitable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and going through the short history provided by you it seems that you are suffering from IBS i.e. from 'Grahani' disease according to Ayurveda, however do let me know about certain parameters for further line of management:

1. Have you taken an opinion of Gastroenterologist or an Ayurveda physician regarding the same?

2. As STRESS is the major cause of the same, so are there any STRESS related issue [excess physical/mental exertion,anxiety issue]?

3. any associated weight loss?

4. Any addiction: excess smoking, alcohol, tea,caffeine?

5. Any Routine Blood Investigations [complete blood picture,Thyroid-Lipid profile, liver-kidney function test, blood sugar values] done?

Do revert back with above questionnaire for Treatment Aspect, till then Dietary Regime and Lifestyle management is advised:

A

i. Take: old brown rice, moong/masoor/arhar dal, banana,jamun,butter milk, goat milk, sesame oil,honey,soup,cumin, mint, fasting.

ii. Avoid: newly harvested rice, peas,garlic, vinegar,milk,jaggery,citrus food, spices,night time awakening,drinking excess water, suppression of natural urges, excess physical exertion, walking during peak hours in summer.

iii. make butter milk [lassi], everyday and drink. [make sure it is made/prepared fresh everyday, do not add water], add fried cumin seeds and rock salt [quantity sufficient]

iv. fried cumin seeds 500mg
 fried asafoetida [hinga] 250mg   panchamrit parpati 250mg.. take with honey, thrice a day.

v. soak 5 gm amla in water, when become soft, crush them and add black salt [quantity sufficient], and make lozenges of 125 mg and suck twice daily.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Pointwise reply in CAPITAL LETTERS as below:
1. Have you taken an opinion of Gastroenterologist or an Ayurveda physician regarding the same? ____ NOT YET

2. As STRESS is the major cause of the same, so are there any STRESS related issue [excess physical/mental exertion,anxiety issue]? ___ STRESS/ANXIETY IS NOT MUCH. BUT SOME TIMES BECZ OF WORK LOAD OF FAMILY ISSUES>

3. any associated weight loss___ NOT OBSERVED, MY WEIGHT IS 67 KG & HEIGHT IS 5' 8"

4. Any addiction: excess smoking, alcohol, tea,caffeine? ____ NO SMOKING, NO ALCOHOL, TEA/COFFEE 3-4 TIMESIN A DAY

5. Any Routine Blood Investigations [complete blood picture,Thyroid-Lipid profile, liver-kidney function test, blood sugar values] done.____ NOT YET DONE. KINDLY SUGGEST IF ANYTHING IS REQUIRED. IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME BECAUSE OF MY REMOTE LOCATION IN ODISHA STATE.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further recommendation

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for reverting back.

1. An opinion of Gastroenterologist or Ayurveda physician is necessary for direct physical examination and necessary investigation(s)

2. As IBS/Grahani is a Psychosomatic [mnodaihik] disease thus relaxation of mind is an important part of treatment. [anti stress management]

3. If you have not observe your weight loss then look for the size of the trouser/jeans [is size changed recently/any alteration done]

4. Investigations likely to be performed is/are: gluten allergy test, colon examination, lactose breath test [if deemed necessary] along with routine blood investigation [ as mentioned earlier with Vitamin B12] [ to exclude any secondary disease

5. As you live in remote location, I can courier you the medicine [at your doorstep] and you can start with the same since there won’t be any drug-drug interaction even with modern medicine(s).

6. Prescription medicine(s) for you will be: Bilagyl avleha,kutha arishta, jeerakadya arishta,chitrakadi vati, stressan, nervemaker, gasim

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng