Suggest treatment for symptoms of IBS

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Yes I am Having bad symptoms having to do with my digestive system, I have constipation,sometimes
I won't go for a couple of days, then I start getting stomach pains, abdominal pains then I will have
severe Diarrhea up to 4 times in one day, It seems to happen every week now, like clockwork, its not
a matter of fi but when it hits me which usually every 3 to 5 days apart, I also get bloated, and suffer
a lot of gas. this has been going on for awhile but it has gotten worse, can you advise, thank you.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow. ..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM!
You are reporting to have sometimes constipation and sometimes diarrhea.
Your symptoms seems to be related with functional issues like IBS.
Otherwise at your case I would suggest to the follow exams:
- colonoscopy
- abdominal ultrasound
- fecal test for candida
Meantime I would suggest to :
- use plenty of water
- increase physical activity
- avoid unnecessary stress
- use vegetables and fruits
- use olive oil 3 teaspoons per day
- use fiber packs 2-3per day
- use simethiconeto reduce gas forming
- use stool softener if necessary
If colonoscopyand other exams will be normal than you should start IBS Treatment by your physician.

hope it was helpful to you!
Dr.Klerida