Suggest treatment for swollen vas deferens

Posted on Thu, 21 Jan 2016 in Men's Health
Question: how do you treat a swollen vas deferens? my right one gets sore occasionally (few times a year). I am 43 and have had vasectomy when I was 38. I have been tested clean of STDs since having the condition. I do have quite frequent unprotected sex with my girlfriend (3 to 4 times a week for the last year). Is it an infection? would like to know most common causes and most common treatments.it is sore to the touch, along with slight pain in lower abdomen and seems to happen around times of more frequent sex. Not unbearable, but very annoying. In past, the pain just goes away evetually but this is now the fourth reoccurence in last couple years so now wondering if I can do something myself for symptoms. Not having sex with my girlfriend isn't going to be an option or preference.it is sore to the touch, along with slight pain in lower abdomen and seems to happen around times of more frequent sex. Not unbearable, but very annoying. In past, the pain just goes away evetually but this is now the fourth reoccurence in last couple years so now wondering if I can do something myself for symptoms. Not having sex with my girlfriend isn't going to be an option or preference.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to incetion .of spermatic cord (Funiculitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been repeatedly getting swelling of the Vas Difference (Spermatic Cord) .

This could be mostly due to infection of the spermatic cord secondary to Unprotected sex .

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX I will go in for urine testing.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.k get the test done and do write after you get the report .

Detailed Answer:
Hllo
Thanks for follow up .

Please do write after you get the report .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist