Suggest treatment for swollen vagina
I did the capsual, then did another tube full of medicine the next night. It burned when inside of my vagina. Have I had a reaction to to the medicine? And what can I do about the pain and burning of my skin I do not have a UTI.?
Likely to be due to a reaction.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain and burning of the skin that you are having is likely to be due to an allergic reaction. It is not suggestive of a urinary infection. Right now you need to wash the area well with water and Vagisil vaginal wash to remove all the irritants. To decrease the burning sensation you can apply ice and 1% hydrocortisone gel available over the counter.
You need to take antifungal drugs orally along with antibacterial agent in order to treat any super added infection that might have been present.
Fluconazole and azithromycin are considered as considerably effective drugs. You can consult your gynaecologist for selecting the best drug for you after proper examination.
Mind it that such fungal infections are notorious for recurrence and you might have to take treatment repeatedly after every 10-12 months.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest the treatment fro swollen testicle
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- 35 weeks swollen vagina treatment
- Suggest medical treatment for swollen legs
- Swollen vagina lips pregnant 39 weeks treatment
- Used vibrator for orgasm vagina is swollen suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes