Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils
Usually takes 5-7 days to see improvement
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. It usually takes 5-7 days to see improvement if disease is severe. If there is externally swelling near jaw bone then mumps could also be the causative factor. I would suggest you to wait for completion of antibiotic. Meanwhile add following general measures as well:
- Make sure he does not eat outside cooked food. Cook food at home.
- Take hot water in a cup, add 1 table spoon salt in it. Perform gargles (mouth wash) with it three times a day for at least 3 days. It will give soothing effect.
- Acetaminophen suspension - 1 TSF thrice a day
> Chilled water
> Spicy food
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- What is the treatment for swollen lingual tonsils
- Swollen painful tonsil fever treatment
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Steroid treatment for swollen tonsils
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for insect bites all over body
- Suggest treatment for fever and extreme fatigue
- What causes swollen glands, sensitive eyes and pain in forehead?
- What causes pain in right side of lower abdomen?
- Suggest treatment for low BP
- How to take care of dentures?
- What causes fever?
- What causes pain in head centered in and around left eye?
- What causes back pain, gas, mild fever and burning cough?
- What causes dizziness while eating, fatigue and pain in calf muscles?