Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils
Antibiotic should be given for streptococcal sore throat
Thanks for the query
Swollen tonsils with raised ASO titre suggests streptococcal bacterial infection.
I would like to give antibiotic like amoxycillin clavulanic acid combination in a dose of 50 mg/kg/day in three divided dosage for 7 days.
If he is able to do gargle,warm saline gargle should be done 3-4 times a day.
Along with this decongestant(phenylephrine) with antiallergic(cetrizine/chlorpheniramine) syrup 3 times a day should also be given.
I hope this helps.
Please do ask if you have any more query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- What is the treatment for swollen lingual tonsils
- Swollen painful tonsil fever treatment
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Steroid treatment for swollen tonsils
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?