Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and fever

Question
I have some questions about tonsils and some symptoms that I have been having.
I am a 27 year old female,
I have been having some pain, discomfort and tonsil stones, and possibly puss coming from my left tonsil. It all started last Nov. when I was told that I had mono. Then in early Januarary I went in again to see my primary care because both of my tonsils were swollen and red, but didn't really hurt, just highly uncomfortable. They did a rapid strep test, and blood work. A few days after the visit I was told that I had strep. Fine, I was prescribed antibiotics, and I took them as instructed until the pills were gone. I felt much better. Well, in March I started to get this weird feeling that didn't feel right on my left tonsil, and I would get slight fevers in the evening. I went back to the Dr. and they took more blood, and would tell me that there is nothing wrong, and I have been told that 3 other times. My left tonsil is slightly swollen however none of my glands are swollen, and I do not know what I can do. At this time I am waiting to get in with a different Dr. for a second opinion. Until then what suggestions do you have that could possibly help with the discomfort? I have tried gargling warm salt water, drinking hot tea, lots and lots of water instead of juice, and other types of sugary drinks.
Please advise,

XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
gargle, NSAID with serratiopeptidase.

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

If there is stone formation what we call as tonsillolith or pus formation then needs to be drained out by intervention along with antibiotics.

For now till you consult your doctor, do regular salt water gargle, NSAID like aceclofenac or Ibuprofen with serratiopeptidase will help in reducing the inflammatory signs like pain and swelling. If you are suffering from tonsillitis more often like more than 3times a year then discuss with your doctor whether it needs surgical excision.

I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you faster recovery and good health.