Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and blister on gums

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: ,just getting better from some swollen tonsils, feeling better. My issue is that overnight I had a dark or blood full blister appear on the inside on the zone between the inside of the gum & the left mouth wall. I would have loved to taken a picture but in the panic to see it I popped it and a little bit of blood came out. Will show pictures of what is left over. No pain or anything, just an overnight thing, actually right after eating breakfast this morning is when I believe I felt it. It is popped now, so I will share those pictures with you.

sending you pictures of what it looks now.
before it looked black or like a blood filled blister.
very small in size.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not panic you are fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Beware on the information and picture, it appears to be slight trauma that has occurred while chewing, that is responsible for it.
In clinic I would have adviced you not to worry, it will heal in day or so. Meanwhile if it's better to avoid spicy food, alcohols and very hot food for day or so.

In case of pain, which is also unlikely, you can consider using Dentogel ointment, can be applied over it.

It has nothing to do with your tonsils, in a nutshell, don't panic you are fine.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D