Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for swollen testicle with ringworm

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9629 Questions
I have a swollen testical along with a fungal/ringworm in minor places. I am on my 4th round of antibiotic. Currently on Bactrom (Sulfameth/Trimethoprm 800/160mg TB 2x a day), day 6 and do not see a noticeable improvement, Just very slight improvement. An ultrasound of the testical showed an infection. this condition is going on 2 months. Is there any more that I can do for this situation or let the Bactrom run its course?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to take appropriate antibiotic .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of the Testicle (Orchitis) confirmed on Ultrasound Scanning and have been taking Bactrim since a week with unsatisfactory results.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem
1)Do you have any urinary symptoms ?
2) Have you done urine culture ?

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to..

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Please note Orchitis takes long time to get cured hence you will need to take medications for4- 6 weeks.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor