Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for swollen perineal raphe after infection due to antibiotics?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I had a infection from the antibiotics that was prescribe. Now the perineal raphe is swollen and irritated. When using the bathroom it burns and feel chaffed
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can give a try to antiseptic-antifungal cream Detailed Answer: Hello, Such infections caused after course antibiotics can cross mixed and opportunistic kind of infections. If the infections seems limited to skin and subcutaneous tissue then you can try to antifungal antispetic combination cream.This generally helps in localized infections.In a weeks time this should help relieve your symptoms. If there are symptoms like fever or chills that infection is not localized. Do keep watch on such symptoms.And any such case you will have to see doctor. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor