Suggest treatment for swollen lymphnodes in armpit

Posted on Tue, 30 Dec 2014 in Cancer
Question: hello
I have 7 big lymph node under my arm Pitt biggest one is 3cm about 7 years I did biopsy 6 years ago came back negative for lymphoma but three month ago I had swollen chest I did ct. scan still I have 7 big lymph node same size they were 7 years ago but I did core biopsy the result first came atypical lymphoid cell after they did flow cytometry with this diagnosis no clonal b cell population.predominantly t lymphocytes with normal expression of t associated antigens. Is it good news or bad news.
Answered by Dr. Monish De 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good news.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having 7 big lymph nodes under your armpit for 7 years and biopsy 6 years ago came back negative for lymphoma and there is no change in the node size in CT scan and flow flow cytometry is showing no clonal b cell population you do not need to worry.

The T lymphocytes fight infection. There are a number of different types of T-cells that act in many ways to identify, directly attack and destroy infectious agents. Along with other WBCs, they play a major role in the immune system, which guards the body against infection and you have adequate T cells to fight infection in your body.

Since there is normal expression of t associated antigens you are not suffering from cancer and it is good news.

DR DE
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist