Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes in neck
Is this something that I should be worried about, i don't feel any other pain or swelling anywhere else.
lymph node swelling may be the presenting sign of many diseases (infectious, autoimmune or neoplastic). The neck area lymph nodes are very commonly involved in respiratory tract infection. This is the most likely cause. Other causes are possible though and the rest of the history will help for the assessment of this finding.
First of all the size matters in lymph node assessment. For the neck a node larger than 2cm is a significant one. Less than 2cm is not. The most commonly involved nodes in respiratory tract infections are the nodes on the front. Nodes close to the back of the neck are sometimes associated with infectious mononucleosis syndrome, which is usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus.
So you're talking about small, soft, XXXXXXX nodes associated with fever of a few days duration. This is usually of infectious origin. I can't say for sure which pathogen was involved but there are no worrisome signs. If you're OK now and the nodes are not getting any bigger, there is nothing more you should do. If your situation is different from what I've described, please give me the details and I'll be glad to provide more comments.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lymph nodes treatment
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Homeopathic treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Noticed swollen lymph node on neck suggest
- Treatment and cure for Swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and shoulder
- Ayurveda treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes
- Cluster swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Tight neck and swollen lymph nodes