Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes around back, neck and ears

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Im currently under allergy shots on vial 6 I have some swelling lymph nodes around the back neck and ears, could allergy shots be the cause
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy shots causing Lymph node enlargment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns.

You are concerned about lymph node enlargement while taking allergy shots. These lymph nodes are more than likely a result of the shots. Since you are purposely injecting your body with a substance that you are known to react to the lymph nodes will enlarge. Lymph nodes are the center of antibody production so the body is still trying to fight off your allergen. Instead of having hives or allergic reaction you get low levels of antibodies and no reaction. As you build this tolerance the lymph nodes will shrink

In summary
1. Lymph node enlargement due to increase antibody product from injections
2. Will reduce as your body reacts less to the allergen

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions

Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 8 hours later
Thanks alot doctor, I have been having symptoms of dizziness all the time, distorted vision, pressure in forehead, fullness in ears and tinnitus, lightheadedness and chronic fatigue. all my blood work is excellent mri results are all normal. The symptoms started since 2006 and I'm still having them until now. What do you think about those symptoms, could it be allergies? Please let me know
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms related wo allergies

Detailed Answer:
Yes your symptoms of dizziness fatigue tinnitus and ear fullness is all related to your allergy issues. With time your symptoms should reduce as your body reacts less to the allergies. It may take several months though to actually feel the difference