Suggest treatment for swollen left foot
Hi, welcome to Healthcaremagic .
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
From your description of symptoms, swelling in left foot, I need some more details on it.
1. since how many days swelling is there?
2. is it progressive?
3. any pain?
4. Enlarged veins over leg?
5. change in colour of skin or itching?
Please get back to me with above details to help you better
Local injury or problem. Anti-inflammatory drug.Rest
Thanks for the information.
Since the swelling is unilateral and it hurts on the top (I think ankle joint) the most probable cause for your symptom is muscle sprain.
For managing your problem
1. Give rest.
2. Keep your foot elevated while sleeping and also while sitting on chair.
3. Anti- inflammatory drug like aceclofenac or ibuprofen along with serratiopeptidase will help in reducing the pain and swelling.
4. Application of crepe bandage will help in faster reduction of swelling and restriction of movements giving rest.
Your blood pressure medicine may help in reduction of swelling but it is not specific. You just take them as usual. Higher dose or lower dose is not recommended.
If swelling and pain does not reduce get done X ray (to rule out any skeletal problem) and complete haemogram (to rule out any local infection).
I hope this information will help you in managing your problem. Please feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest the treatment fro swollen testicle
- Suggest treatment for swollen injured foot with pus
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for swollen bruise on thighs
- Suggest medical treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot after a bug bite
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes