Suggest treatment for swollen labia minora and clitoris

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, I've had a swollen clitoris and labia minors for a few weeks. It's on and off. I need help to figure out what is causing this. I have no discharge or itching so I don't think it's a yeast or bacterial problem. Can you please help? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory for 7 days

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history: swelling of the labia minora and clitoris- few weeks- on and off- no discharge- no itching-

the on and off nature of the problem suggests that there is a sub-clinical infection under the skin. Sub-clinical meaning giving no classical symptoms yet the infection / inflammation is present. That is why you may not have a discharge or itching.

Sometimes the minor scratch of any nature can settle-in the infection and as the body takes care of it, but not in sufficient effect as in your case, one gets swelling.

Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and after drying apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally, it too dries fast. Take an oral course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines for 5 to 7 days minimum. ( you need a prescription for this from your Doctor).

I hope this should solve your problem. Refrain from such activities which can traumatize the area.
Please get your blood sugar done.
Please feel free to ask for more if you need to have clarification.