Suggest treatment for swollen gums with inflammation
Amlexanox, lignocaine, choline salicylate
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the aphthous ulcer is concerned, the best treatment modality is topical steroids, since you are facing problem with topical steroids, if i am your treating doctor, I would have suggested you to take amlexanox paste/ointment. This is very effective in aphthous ulcer treatment.
You can also use topical anesthetic like lignocaine and topical analgesic like choline salicylate. Do saline gargling.
After application of these mesicines, the lesion should heal in 5-7days. If the lesion does not heal in this duration, then consult a oral physician and get it evaluated.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
If you have any queries, you can reply me back.
Thank you VERY MUCH for all of your help! I do have another question: can the medications
3. choline salicylate
4. saline gargle
be purchased over the counter at Walgreens or CVS or do they need to be prescribed by my dentist?
As far as the saline gargle, is that something that I need to make myself and if so, can you provide me how much salt I should add to how much warm water?
I cannot thank you enough! It's so wonderful to be able to get help so quickly AND on a holiday! What a wonderful website!
Amlexalox, lignocaine, saline
Thanks for your feedback.
The amlexanox and lignocaine and choline salicylate are should be prescribed by a dentist. So consult a oral physician or a dentist and explain your problem and get it prescribed. Once you use the medicines please do inform about the response of the lesion to these medicines.
Regarding prwperation of the saline, take a glass of warm water, which can be less hotter than coffee or tea(temperature at which your mouth can bear the warm water without any damage to your mouth) and add a table spoon of salt and mix it and use to rinse.
Orelse it is available in the medical shop, you can get it readymade.
I hope my answer will help you. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen gums treatment
- Suggest treatment for paiful and swollen gums
- Painful swollen gums taken ibuprofen no relief treatment
- What is the treatment for swollen gums and bad breath
- Treatment and cure for Swollen gums
- Treatment for painful swollen gums
- How to reduce inflammation and pain from swollen gum
- Swollen gums natural treatment
- Suggest treatments for swollen gums due to wisdom teeth
- Swollen gums treatment gingervitis hypothyroid
- Suggest treatment for painful gums
- Suggest treatment for pain in gums
- What causes discomfort in upper back tooth?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and sore swollen tongue
- What does a bulish purple spot on bottom lip indicate?
- Does gum grow back after a dental implant is placed?
- What causes feeling of cigarette smoke smell stuck in nose?
- What causes dry mouth, inflamed tongue and sore cheek?
- What causes pain in teeth while chewing?
- When can a child start wearing braces?