Suggest treatment for swollen glands on side of jaws
Lymph node swelling probably throat infection
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description and history it looks like your child has a throat infection which can cause lymph node enlargement.
You need to get a throat swab for streptococcal infection.
If positive he may respond well to antibiotics like amoxicillin.
If negative probably it is a viral infection which will settle on its own in a few days.
Give him plenty of warm liquids to drink and keep him hydrated.
The swelling will settle down once infection is settled
Wishing your child good health.
get complete blood count
If the swelling has been present for long along with the recent swelling near clavicle it is better to get basic blood count test to rule out infections and other rare possibilities like you mentioned.
I do hope it turns out to be normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lacrimal gland treatment
- Treatment and cure for Swollen parotid gland
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Treatment for swollen mastoid gland
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Swollen gland on clitoral hood treatment
- Treatment and cure for Swollen lymph gland
- Swollen gland in groin treatment
- Treatment for submaxillary gland swollen
- Treatment for swollen prostate gland