Suggest treatment for swollen glands in the neck

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I had parotid swollen glands last week. I also had a swollen glands in the neck and a slight swelling in the chest. I had malaise and difficulty swallowing. I went to the doctor and he thought it was the mumps. He gave me prednisone to take and the swelling went down immediately. By day 5 I was fine. All of the swelling went down except I can feel one gland in m y neck (small bump). I am off the prednisone as of yesterday. The test results came back (blood work and a swab test) and I do not have the mumps. What I am experiencing is a very dry mouth and can't seem to quench my thirst. What should I do next?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think you should wait for some time

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that you are experiencing side effect of prednisolone (dry mouth) which are likely to go away with in few days. I do not think you should opt for medicine as it is time limited side effect and can disappear any time in next one week.

Regarding the small lump in the neck this is probably enlarged lymph node and not going to cause any harm. This appears because of lymph node reactivity during infection.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards