Suggest treatment for swollen gland near the ear

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Wed, 15 Jul 2015 in Dental Health
Question: Hi. I had a dental cleaning last Friday, and by late in the day Saturday, a gland near my left ear/jaw was a little swollen. It still is 5 days later. Not terribly painfull, but a little when i tilt my head. Is this common?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Parotid abscess, parotitis, medication

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the swelling near the ear is concerned, it can be because of parotid abscess or parotitis. it has nothing to do with dental treatment. Consult a oral physician and get it evaluated. Mean while you can take a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin and metronidazole (if you are not allergic).
I hope I have answered your query. If any queries are there reply me back. take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E