Suggest treatment for swollen fingers, lips and tongue when diagnosed with acute angioedema

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have unanticipated sporadic swelling of last digit of fingers, lips, testicles, eyes and tongue(mostly only one side) for the past 18 years. I've been diagnosed with acute angioedema, had blood tested, prescribed different medications, none of which seemed to help. None of this except the tongue swelling bothers me too much. Is there anything new in treatment?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take montelukast and fexofenadine combination.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I gave gone through medication list you have tried.
You have tried only antihistamine drugs.
Now a days anti allergic drug, montelukast is available.
Combination of anti allergic (montelukast) and anti histamine (fexofenadine) drug is superior then zyrtec (cetrizine) or any antihistamine alone.
Please let me if you have tried this montelukast or not.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.