Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for swollen fingers and painful ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
Female aged 50years old have swollen fingers and painful ear any suggestions no fever
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX I I went through the query and understood your concern. Ear pain and swelling are not related both are from diffdrent cause. Common cause s for swollen finger are problem with blkod returning back to heart or lymphatic system(fluid transporting system in body) If a patient comes to my clicic with these problem, first I would like to do lhysical examination and few test like protein level in blood complete blood count for confirming condition. Treatment depends on cause. Pain in ear could be ffom infection in ear resulting in collection of fluid in ear, or presence of any foreign body do causes pain. Examination of ear will hlep in confirming condition. r Removal of foreign body or gromet insertion for fluid collection help your condition. Hope I have answered your query. Feel free to ask if any further queries. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor