Suggest treatment for swollen feet while on blood thinners
please check if your blood pressure medicine is amlodipine!
Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query!
Please check the salt of blood pressure medicine,Is it amlodipine?
Amlodipine is most commonly prescribed medicine post ptca for hypertension and one of the commonest side effect of this medicine is ankle edema.So please message me the name of your blood pressure medicine,before we go into further details!
Side effect of Brilinta!
Ankle edema is a very common side effect encountered in patients on Brillinta.However to rule out possibility of congestive cardiac failure 2d echo should be done.
Another possibility is that you are on statins (lipid lowering drugs) ,Hepatotoxicity is a very common side effect of Statins ,so a liver function test should be done to exclude the involvement of liver.
However foot edema with burning sensation(parasthesia) is a likely side effect of Brilinta.Ask your cardiologist to consider shifting you from Brilinta to Prasugrel or Clopidrogel.
60mg of prasugrel should be given as a loading dose followed by 10mg daily at night or 600mg clopigrel is given as a loading dose followed by 75mg twice daily.
Get a 2d echo and liver function test done.
If both are normal ask your cardiologist to shift you from Brilinta to the above suggested drugs.Don't worry its normal and most of the patients are shifted from brilinta to other blood thinners within 6 months of PTCA.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for edema feet
- Suggest treatment for callus under the feet
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- What is the treatment for swollen feet
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Treatment for swollen feet while walking
- Sore feet swollen right feet treatment
- Swollen feet causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet