• question-icon

Suggest treatment for swollen feet and ankles

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have diabetes II and neuropathy. Having real issues with swollen feet and ankles. I've tried epsom salt and drink more water and soaking in tonic water. Think it's edema. Other any recommendations? Thank you.

I take Losartan, Metformin, Atvatastatin, and wonder if they cause this severe swelling.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
None of your medications can cause swelling of the legs!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these swollen legs. This is certainly not caused by any of your medications. To review further so as to offer a comprehensive and personalized guidance, I will like to obtain an image of your legs and review. Before taking the image, press on a swollen part for 2-3seconds and capture with the lens for upload.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Dr. Ivo Ditah