Suggest treatment for swollen breasts and tenderness after stopping Cymbalta

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I came off cymbalta completely 8 days ago Iafter reducing from 60mg over an 8 day period. i am 47 years old have had regular periods. up until now. My period is 2 weeks overdue. my breasts are very swollen sore and tender particularly in the morning and my nipples appeared to leak one morning..Could cymbalta or cymbalta withdrawel have raised prolactin levels and if so will it reduce again naturally
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to cymbalta withdrawal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Withdrawal of cymbalta can alter the prolactin levels. It can be related to menopause or psychological stress. It will again reduce naturally in next few weeks. It is best to wait for your periods to begin again naturally.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
thank you Dr. can you advise how long withdrawel is likely to last and when my periods are likely to start ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually 6-8 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If it is due to withdrawal of cymbalta then the effect will decrease in 8 weeks. You should have your normal periods by then.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.